Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012

Sketch: What to do with stupid fabric...

But worse so, back to the point
You are no longer the flower
And the sun and most importantly the garden
Or the gardener
A muse
Your amusement
I am used
It's all ruined if you meet their friends...

- Marilyn Manson, The Gardener



...which was the song I heard while sitting at 3 a.m. at my desk thinking of what to sew with this stupid fabric I got meters of from someone in Romania. A while ago. A long while ago. I've already sewed a flared midi-skirt with matching hair-bow out of it. But I still got so much left...

Well, and here's the idea. Or at least, how it should look like when it's done. A cute maxi-dress for summer. The fabric is very light, it's more polyester than cotton, but still... The back of the dress should be longer than the front. Maybe the difference won't be this visible. Oh and I still don't know whether I should do this as a one-piece-dress or first cut the top and then a full-circular skirt-piece. I want the skirt to be wide, but not necessarily circular. Mh... we'll see. First I gotta write the first exams. The first one is up this Saturday. I'm already freakin' out about it, that's why I haven't updated anything here. But well... this weekend I'm driving home, I'll go out, I'll go shopping, and everything will be alright. I'm sure. However, here are the ugly sketches.










3 Kommentare:

  1. The dress looks really cool on paper so I'd say: go for it! Good luck with your exams! I love a good maxidress and this print looks very pretty too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i think the sketches look really cool, and the idea is great with the short infront and long in back, also love the cut out detail on the upper back, it will look great :)

    xx
    Anita

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. What a pretty dress and drawing!

    Have the loveliest day,
    -Kati

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, you're lovely!